What information does Buffalo Wild Wings capture automatically about visitors to its web site?
We automatically collect the following information about your use of our website through cookies, web beacons, web server log files, and other technologies: date and time of visit, referring address (location from which a visitor comes to this website), type of Internet browser, visitors’ IP address (Each computer that connects to the Internet is assigned a unique number, an IP address, for identification purposes), the web pages your view, links you click, and the length of time you visit or use our website. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your name and other personal information.
Does Buffalo Wild Wings ask for personal information?
Some areas of this website may ask for personal information, and the information we collect from you depends on how you use our website. For example, if you contact us through the website, we may collect your name and email address.
How does Buffalo Wild Wings use the information?
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our website, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To better understand how users access and use our website, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our website and services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How does Buffalo Wild Wings share the information?
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a series of data characters that, when programmed into a web site, is placed by the web server into the browsers application folder on your computer. Once placed onto your machine, the cookie will allow the web site to recognize you as a unique individual.
Can cookies be removed from my hard drive?
What other tracking technologies does Buffalo Wild Wings use?
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our website to, among other things, track the activities of website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about website usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
How does Buffalo Wild Wings respond to Do-Not-Track signals?
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this policy (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
How does Buffalo Wild Wings protect personal information?
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our website or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at PublicRelations@BuffaloWildWings.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth below. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our website. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our website.
May 25, 2018